Saturday, November 8, 2014

Attitude of Gratitude, Day 8

November 8: 

Write about a memorable moment in the classroom and how it reminded you about why you love what you do.

This is a tough one. I've been sitting here wracking my brain - out of 35+ years of being a librarian and teacher, what moment stands out among so many moments? The day I was reading a Clifford the Big Red Dog story to the preschoolers, and they were all leaning forward on the story rug, waiting for me to turn the page? Watching an eighth grader in a pre-algebra class work though a problem, and seeing the exact moment when he got it? Looking around the class while taking role, missing a girl who had been present earlier in the day, and wondering if anyone had seen her, only to have her rise up from the floor, where she had been hiding out of my sight? The laughter from the kids was priceless. 

You can see my dilemma - how do I pick one moment out of so many? 

No comments: