Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Attitude of Gratitude, Day 5

November 5: What are my strengths? Which are you most grateful for?

My strengths are my sense of humor, my willingness to try new things, my dislike of boredom, and my creativity. 

In a school/educational setting, I am most grateful for my sense of humor. It has gotten me through kids who don't always have a sense of humor at the time. There are times when dealing with union issues, administrators, and people in general require a sense of humor - a well developed, Far Side sense of humor. Oh, this Far Side sense of humor goes pretty much everywhere with me; I enjoy being known for being funny. It's not always in good taste, I will admit to that. But at school, a sense of humor can tease a smile out of an unhappy child, can rebalance a teenager who really needs to be noticed. A sense of humor can help diffuse a tense situation. 

As much as I like to try new things, dump boredom, and get creative, I'll do all of those things with a smile and a laugh. Thank goodness for Gary Larson, who helped my sense of humor be a legitimate form of self-expression.

1 comment:

jacs63 said...

I totally agree, Tracey. Life without humour isn't much of a life.