Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Attitude of Gratitude, Day 26

November 26: Write about any 3 small pleasures in your life/day.


Beginning 
My day starts when my husband comes back upstairs to bring me coffee. Such a simple thing, but it has always been an act of love and kindness, and it makes me feel special. I admit that I can't make coffee at all, and if my husband isn't home, I drink tea. But that cup of coffee, in my blue Bella Rosa cup, says love to me.

Middle
Kids. They come into my classroom/library talking. They come in through my office, as well as past the bulletin board. I'm informed that my favorite student has arrived, that they got the assignment done, asking me if I've seen their truck, you know,the red Toyota that's been lifted. Well, no, I haven't, so we go to the west door so he can point out which rig is his. And that's just my history class. Kids come and go all day long, different library classes depending of the day of the week. All different, all talking, telling me things...I don't know if making connections with kids is a small pleasure - it's the reason I am a teacher.

End
We've gotten into to the habit of walking when I get home, so my incentive to leave school pretty much on time is high. I bought a pink Columbia rain jacket just so I would walk during crummy weather, because I am a fair-weather walker. We are increasing our pace, and exploring different neighborhoods. Mostly we talk, so the walks are fun. It doesn't hurt that our walks are timed, and recording that time on my calendar makes me happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just got caught up on your posts. Fun reads! I have noticed the disrespect that veteran teachers receive despite their wealth of experience and knowledge. Hang in there and if you choose to exit know that you touched many lives!