Monday, June 18, 2012

Summertime

After weeks of wondering if I was going to make it out of the school year alive, it's here. Summer. Sleeping in. Hanging out. Doing not much. And those three things get slightly old after a couple of weeks, or in my case, a couple of days. I like to set goals, so here is my goal-oriented plan for the summer:

~ learn to use my camera's manual settings, with an eye toward another camera.
~ conquer sock knitting. It's not the heel, it's picking up and finishing the foot that has stumped me in the past. I've actually knitted one sock - yes, just one, so the goal, of course, is to actually knit a pair and wear them.
~ set up my Psychology Moodle page, and get the year planned out. I have a teacher's edition of a psych book, but I want to get Psychology for Dummies, too.
~ get summer school ready. We're doing dinosaurs, so that will be fun, and since it's only 12 mornings, I can do it!
~ yoga; I need to be more flexible.
~ lose some weight. I hesitate to put a specific number down, but I want to be healthier before my birthday in October. Shopping in my closet is a goal, too.
~ get walking back into my life so it's a habit. I used to walk all the time, and when I was working on my master's degree, my rear end became one with the chair, and I developed a USB port on my body since I was always on the computer. That needs to change!
~ figure out how to be a librarian again. I've been teaching at least 3 classes for the last 5 or 6 years, and that's where my energy has gone. I want to be a better librarian!
~ vacation with W; Yellowstone, Bend, The Cabin.

These goals aren't in any particular order - I just like to check things off, so lists are handy for me. It was a good year overall, with great times, draggy times, and everything in-between. I am more than ready to get recharged, so I can do it all again. Happy summer vacation!

1 comment:

Barbara Day said...

I enjoyed reading your post. I have three pages of "to do's" and goals. I understand what you are saying about the need for goals. If I don't set some goals, and establish a bit of schedule for myself, the whole summer slips by without getting anything accomplished. Then I end up feeling like I wasted my whole summer.